- Registered Campus Organization (RCO) Policies & Agreements
- Naming Your Organization
- RCO Signers: FAQs
- RCOs must agree to comply with University of California policies and UCI policies. Click here for the UC and UCI policies. Click here to review the UCI policies (as cited by the Office of Student Conduct).
- In the registration process, RCO signers must agree to comply with UCI agreements including Anti-Hazing, Financial Responsibility, Non-Discrimination Policy, Principles of Community, and Student Conduct.
- RCOs must also abide by UCI posting policies for publicity. Click here to review.
|Anti-Hazing Agreement (PDF)
Financial Responsibility Agreement (PDF)
Principles of Community (PDF)
Student Conduct Policies (PDF)
RCOs may include "UCI" in their organization name for the purposes of geographical designation only. For example, "Anteater Stamp Club at UCI" is acceptable, but "UCI Anteater Stamp Club" is not acceptable. The name "University of California" is property of the state. No person shall, without the written permission of the Regents of the University of California, use this name, or any abbreviation of it or any name, which these words are a part in any way.
- Click here for campus policies relating to the use of the University's name for RCOs.
- Click here for suggestions from Trademarks and Licensing.
How do I change the name of my organziation?
Organizations can only change their name during the registration period before becoming officially recognized. Once recognized an organization will have to wait until the next registration period to change their name.
Only current UCI students can be signers of an organization (excluding University Extension students). Signers of RCOs are responsible for the activities of their organization(s). They agree to be jointly or individually liable for all debts and obligations to the University incurred by the organization. Signers read UC, and UCI agreements and policies and agree to comply. Remember signers are utimately responsible for the RCO.
- What are authorized signers? What is an Executive Officer? Every RCO is allowed up to a maximum of five signers (required minimum of three). These individuals have the ability to make facility reservations with Student Center & Event Services, the Bren Events Center, the ARC, etc. Only currently enrolled UCI students can be signers for an organization, not alumni, off-campus advisors, faculty or staff (unless it is a faculty/staff organization). If a signer graduates mid-year then they must be removed from the list of signers. One signer of the RCO must be Executive Officer (XO). Executive Officers are typically the President and Vice President of the organization and/or the individuals who started the group's re-registration process. The Exectuive Officer obliges to be the first point of contact and representative for the organization. Their responsibility to the organization is the same as any signer of the organization.
- What if I need to make changes to the signer of the organization? Any signer has the authority to remove/add other signers. If a signer is removed they will be notified via email of their removal. Please be sure to speak with other signers before making changes. If you thik there is a mistake, please contact our office.
To make changes you can come in person to the Student Life & Leadership Office (G308 Student Center) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your UCI Email address with the request and the name of your organization. You must include 1) First/Last Name of signer, 2) UCI E-mail, and 3) Position/Title. Remember RCOs must have a minimum of 3 signers throughout the acadmic year. Note that at the end of the Spring quarter of each academic year, all registration information is cleared. If you are not removed before then, you will be for the next academic year.