How to Apply for Funding
How to Apply for Funding
For your convenience this application can be used for the following sources:
- ASUCI Student Programming Funding Board
- Campus Organizations Funding Board
- Multicultural Programs Committee Funding Board
Funding requests which do not adhere to these guidelines and time tables may be disregarded or denied. Specific submittal guidelines and criteria may apply to each funding source and are available from the appropriate office.
- Present the entire budget and any supplemental material from previous years.
- Operating and/or any on-going general expenses of an organization will not be funded by any of these campus funding sources.
- It is highly recommended that you meet with one of the campus program advisors below before submitting your proposal online.
- Receipts for each funded program must be submitted within 30 days of the event. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Upon conclusion of the program/event, a completed Program Evaluation Form must be returned to each source from which you received funding.
- No funding will be awarded for events scheduled during summer quarter.
- IMPORTANT: Specific submittal guidelines and criteria may apply to each funding source and are available from the appropriate office.
- RECOMMENDATION: To facilitate reimbursements, student organizations applying for funding are strongly encouraged to establish an ASUCI financial services club account.
- Any student organization recognized through the Office of Campus Organizations is eligible to apply for the funding board.
- Only students may submit a funding application, and funding is limited to one organization per cycle.
- The funding application must be submitted before the deadline by 5pm. The funding cycles are as follows:
- The top two applicants may receive up to a maximum of $250 per funding cycle
- Applicants may apply for every cycle throughout the academic year; however, part of the consideration of if/how much funding
- an organization receives will be dependent on whether they have already received funding for the current academic year (see rubric).
- Application components include: an event budget, support expenses, marketing & promotion expenses, security expenses, and
- income/revenue and additional funding sources.
- Applications cannot be submitted until it is thoroughly completed.
- Any false information on your application may result in your application being rejected.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 3 business days after the funding cycle deadline to schedule a MANDATORY meeting. The meeting consists of a presentation and a brief interview.
- Presentation & Interview (~15 minutes)
- You will have no more than 8 minutes to present to the Funding Board committee (composed of 3 members). No formal attire is required.
- Presentations must include a description of your event, your budget for the event, funding purpose, and any additional comments you may wish to add.
- The interview will be an inquiry into any additional information we may need from you. Your funding application will be judged based on the rubric posted on the website.
- Note: In the case that you and another organization receive the same score, final allocation of funds will be based on your overall presentation. All funding decisions will be based on the funding board’s discretion.
- You will be notified by email of your status of application within 3 business days.
- Acquiring your funds
- Funds will not be directly deposited into your ASUCI account
- You will be emailed a DOS account # with your status of application that you will use to access your award.
- Present your DOS account # to the ASUCI Student Government office
- Events must be on-campus during the academic school year and be open to all UCI Undergraduate students and free of charge
- Funded Costs
- A/V Equipment
- Equipment/ Props
- Non-Funded Costs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Conference Fees
- Operational Expenses
Submission Deadlines & Resources
Funding Deadlines for Campus Organizations
Fall Quarter 2017
November 20, 2017
Winter Quarter 2018
January 15, 2018
February 12, 2018
March 5, 2018
Spring Quarter 2018
April 9, 2018
May 7, 2018
May 21, 2018
general instructions and summary of funding sources and deadlines
how the process works, expenditure of funds, funding policies, etc.
Latest Version: ASUCI SPFB Guidelines PDF
planning your event with funding in mind, how to apply for SPFB funds, and what you're expected to know and have at your interview
how to access your funds
event planning worksheet and info to guide you through your event from planning to wrap-up
UCI marketing ideas, opportunities, and posting policy